So as you may know maintenance on your property is as important as taking your car for its scheduled service or popping your subscription medication to help you live a healthy full life. We know our property is one of our biggest investments we will make, so it makes sense we look after it…? Right?
YES! Here are 5 tips to help you get back on track with maintenance.
- Waterproofing – If you have any waterproofing or areas that need waterproofing such as flat slab, tops of walls, window sills, IBR or corrugated sheet roof, skylights etc… These things need to be maintained every 2-3 years consistently. The cost in maintenance is miniscule compared to the cost in repair.
- Walls – Always inspect internally and externally for damp. Damp not only looks awful, it can be harmful to your health. If you see damp be sure to call us out to inspect and repair the damp.
- Timber decay – Inspect the timber in your property atleast once a year. Fungal and water can decay your timber on your building. If you see your wooden trusses or door/window frames are starting to decay and weather, call a professional to treat it before it is too late!
- Gutters and bushes – Gutters are known to be one of the biggest problems when it comes to heavy rain and hail. The diameter of the downpipe determines the discharge of water, thus it can only take as much as it allows. Any surplus water back tracks under your roof and into your home, causing damage to your ceiling. It is therefore very important to ensure the gutters are cleaned out from leaves and branches to ensure maximum discharge of the gutter and downpipe.
- Drainage – Always ensure your garden drain pipes are clear from debris. If not well maintained during a heavy down pour you may have more than a puddle of water to deal with inside your property. If you are in need of drainage, contact us.
These are your basic tips on preventative maintenance on your property. Simple things that don’t take any real time at all and the cost in preventative maintenance will save you flushing your hard earned money down the drain on repairs later on.
Visit our services page to find out how we can help you. www.dampcon.co.za/services